There are three main elements to our club competitions:
The following abbreviations are used throughout: CP = Colour Print, MP = Monochrome Print, PDI = Projected Digital Image.
- No image may be entered in more than one of these categories.
- Images must not have been entered in any previous BPC competition except for the ANNUAL competition.
- Prints for all competitions should be brought on the evening of the relevant meeting.
1. Bi-Monthly Competitions (on any subject)
Changes to the Bi-Monthly Competition
We have had to modify this competition as we are unable to meet.
Legs 1, 2 and 3 will each consist of two categories: Colour Digital Images, and Mono Digital Images. There will be no Print category.
Each entrant will be invited to submit a maximum of two images per category. All the images will then be sent to all entrants followed by a voting paper to choose six top choices in order of preference.
These choices will then be processed to arrive at a final results table, which will then be revealed and discussed at the appropriate Zoom Competition evening.
2. Theme Competition
For the 2020/2021 season the theme is After Dark
- Internally judged as for the Bi-Monthly.
- Entry: Colour Digital Images (max 2 images), Monochrome Digital Images (max 2 images). No Print category.
- Please note, all images in this section must have been taken after the last AGM, i.e. nominally 20th April 2020.
3. Annual Competition
- Externally judged (hopefully).
- Entry: Colour Digital Images (max 2), Mono Digital Images (max 2)
This season there will be three options:
- Re-submit your earlier Digital Images unaltered.
- Submit edited versions of one or more of your original images in the light of judge's comments in earlier rounds.
- Submit ONE wildcard Digital entry. This would be an image taken since April 20th 2020 but not previously entered in earlier rounds.
Preparing Your Prints (This section is on hold this season)
- The title and author's name must be shown on the back of each print, which should be no less than A4 size, and not larger than 50 x 40cm, preferably mounted.
- When entering print titles for any of the competitions, it would be appreciated if you could also submit digital copies (prepared as for PDIs - see below) so that we can include them on the website.
Preparing Your Digital Images
- Each Digital Images must be in JPEG format, and each must bear the title and author's name.
- Each Digital Image need not be resized down to the 1400 x 1050 as previously instructed, although huge files will not email well!
- Experienced members will be very happy to assist if you are not sure.
Entering Your Images
- Several days before a competition you will receive an email inviting you to enter your titles and to send your PDIs and any digital copies of prints to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The reply must be sent no later than the Thursday prior to the competition night.
- Full instructions are given in the email. It is essential that you follow them exactly, otherwise your entry may be invalid.
- The award goes to the entrant with the highest total marks in either the Colour Digital Images or the Mono Digital Images categories from the Bi-monthly, the Theme and the Annual Competitions, whichever gives the highest total.
Awards: (Please note that all these awards need reviewing as we have no Print Categories this season)
BI-Monthly Competition (across all 3 legs):
- Best Colour Print - Chairman's Trophy
- Best Mono Print - Marchant Brooks Trophy
- Best PDI - Jullien Trophy
- Best Colour Print - Kutrite Trophy
- Best Mono Print - Wright Trophy
- Best PDI - Bolehill Trophy
- Colour Print of the Year - Seville Trophy
- Mono Print of the Year - Whirlow Trophy
- PDI of the Year - Peak Trophy
Committee's Award for service to the Club/most promising newcomer: