There are three main elements to our club competitions:
The following abbreviations are used throughout: CP = Colour Print, MP = Monochrome Print, PDI = Projected Digital Image.
- No image may be entered in more than one of these categories.
- Images must not have been entered in any previous BPC competition except for the ANNUAL competition.
- Prints for all competitions should be brought on the evening of the relevant meeting.
1. Bi-Monthly Competitions (on any subject)
These are in three legs as follows:
- Leg 1. Externally judged. Entry: Maximum of 2 CP, and/or 2 MP and/or 2 PDI
- Legs 2 and 3. Internally judged by members. Entry: Maximum of 1 CP, and/or 1 MP and/or 1 PDI.
- The judging procedure for legs 2 & 3 will be explained on the appointed evening.
2. Theme Competition
For the 2019/2020 season the theme is Movement
- Externally judged.
- Entry: 2 CP, and/or 2 MP, and/or 2PDI.
- Please note, all images in this section must have been taken after the last AGM, i.e. 29th April 2019.
3. Annual Competition
- Externally judged.
- Entry: 2 CP, and/or 2 MP, and/or 2 PDI
This season there will be three options:
- Re-submit your earlier prints/PDIs unaltered.
- Submit edited versions of one or more of your original prints/PDIs in the light of judge's comments in earlier rounds.
- Submit ONE wildcard PDI entry. This would be an image taken since April 29th 2019 but not previously entered in earlier rounds.
Preparing Your Prints
- The title and author's name must be shown on the back of each print, which should be no less than A4 size, and not larger than 50 x 40cm, preferably mounted.
- When entering print titles for any of the competitions, it would be appreciated if you could also submit digital copies (prepared as for PDIs - see below) so that we can include them on the website.
Preparing Your Digital Images
- Each PDI must be in JPEG format, and each must bear the title and author's name.
- Each PDI must be re-sized such that the maximum horizontal dimension is 1400 pixels, and the maximum vertical dimension is 1050 pixels. This would mean that an image in 'portrait' format would be 1050 pixels tall, and less than 1050 pixels wide.
- Experienced members will be very happy to assist if you are not sure.
Entering Your Images
- Several days before a competition you will receive an email inviting you to enter your titles and to send your PDIs and any digital copies of prints to email@example.com
- The reply must be sent no later than the Thursday prior to the competition night.
- Full instructions are given in the email. It is essential that you follow them exactly, otherwise your entry may be invalid.
- The award goes to the entrant with the highest total marks in either the Colour Print, or the Mono Print, or the PDI categories from the Bi-monthly, the Theme and the Annual Competitions, whichever gives the highest total.
BI-Monthly Competition (across all 3 legs):
- Best Colour Print - Chairman's Trophy
- Best Mono Print - Marchant Brooks Trophy
- Best PDI - Jullien Trophy
- Best Colour Print - Kutrite Trophy
- Best Mono Print - Wright Trophy
- Best PDI - Bolehill Trophy
- Colour Print of the Year - Seville Trophy
- Mono Print of the Year - Whirlow Trophy
- PDI of the Year - Peak Trophy
Committee's Award for service to the Club/most promising newcomer: