In order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (effective 25 May 2018), which protects the rights of individuals with regard to the way an organisation collects, stores, uses and disposes of their personal data, Bakewell Photo Club will adhere to the following policy:
Collection of data
- Data collected from each member will be name, address, telephone number(s) and email address.
- The data will be used to communicate information including details of activities, decisions and financial matters to members as appropriate.
- It may also be used to enter members’ images in internal and external competitions.
- It will also be used to ascribe owners’ names to images appearing on the Club website, where owners have given consent on Club competition entry forms for this to occur.
- Each member will be required to complete a consent email agreeing to their personal data being collected and stored by the Club for these purposes. These completed consent emails will be stored by the Chairman, or his/her delegated authority.
Storage of data
- The data will be stored in the form of electronic spreadsheets, distribution lists and as hard copy.
- Copies of the data will be held by the Secretary and Chairman, and on the computer equipment belonging to the Club.
- Other Officers may have delegated access to the data as appropriate.
- Officers holding data will be required to destroy/delete all data that they hold on leaving office. This will be recorded in the Club minutes.
- Data will not be shared with any third parties unless required by law.
- The data will be stored for as long as an individual remains a member and deleted one year after the end of the membership subscription period or if they otherwise cease to be a member. The subscription period starts on the day of the first meeting of each season, and ends the day before the first meeting of the next season.
Access to data
- Members have the right to have access to their data, to have their data corrected and to have their data erased at any time.
- This can be done by contact with the Chairman, his/her delegated authority, or through the “Contact Us” facility of the Club website.